If you have a damaged tooth, then you need repair. Did you know that we offer our Keller, TX, patients tooth repair using lifelike cosmetic procedures? In fact, we can often repair teeth in just one visit with bonding and contouring!
Try Our Quiz on Bonding and Contouring
- True or False: Bonding often repairs chipped teeth.
- True or False: Contouring can correct overly-pointed teeth.
- True or False: Both can be completed in one visit.
- True or False: Repairing damaged teeth protects oral health.
- True. Dental bonding employs composite resin, the material used in our tooth-colored fillings. We repair the tooth by removing any decay and cleaning the area requiring treatment. We then place the composite resin in multiple layers. We shape and sculpt the tooth as it cures under a light. Finally, we polish the tooth for a more lifelike appearance. We not only repair chipped teeth, but also close gaps between teeth and mask permanent teeth stains, which may not otherwise respond to teeth whitening.
- True. With contouring we don’t add anything to the tooth, in fact we buff away a small amount of surface structure. Doing so helps reshapes malformed or damaged teeth. We also dull overly-pointed teeth and remove any pits or grooves in the tooth structure.
- True. Not only can each one be completed in one visit, but we often perform both in the same visit. For this reason, we can address a wide array of cosmetic and restorative issues in a single visit, offering you a healthier and more beautiful smile.
- True. If you have a chipped tooth, your tooth’s sensitive inner structure may be exposed to bacteria, leading to a greater risk of tooth decay and infection. Always see us when you sustain an injury to your teeth, even minor damage could put your tooth at risk!
Do You Have Questions About Cosmetic Dentistry?
Using cosmetic dental care, we repair teeth and improve the esthetics of your smile. For more information, schedule a consultation with your dentist by calling the office of Dr. Jeff Jenkins in Keller, TX, today at (682) 593-0993.